In-country Language Lead
Please note that the person needs to be located in Munich for this position. It’s a freelance positions but will require to work full time.
Gobalme is a language and technology company; featured for the third year in a row in Business in Vancouver’s 100 Fastest Growing Companies in BC. We offer localization services for websites, mobile apps, and software, and provide data, language and testing services around the development of emerging technologies.
We are currently looking for an in-country language lead. You will be a representative of Globalme, working at our client’s – a world-wide known consumer electronics manufacturer – office in Munich. This role can also be a freelance position (to be discussed).
- Build relationships with our client’s Munich office;
- Understand how marketing and messaging is run for the German market and apply the style to content we translate;
- Establish Quality vs Cost expectations. Decide what goes to Machine Translation vs what requires the most attention;
- Establish communication between all involved parties in a given language (translator, QA, editor) and maintain the team spirit;
- Manage terminologies and style guides;
- Train translators and editors on the preferred styles and processes if needed.
- have 6- 10 years of experience, working in a corporate environment.
- ideally have a copy-writing experience in consumer electronics, sales and marketing;
- have very strong English skills;
- are relationship builder;
- have very strong people skills;
- have strong influential skills;
- have strong presentation skills and ability to clearly express your opinions;
- are process oriented;
- Knowledge of translation industry is a plus.
Please apply if you’re interested and let us know why you are a good candidate. All applications/resumes should be submitted in English.