English-native freelance writer
Are you an English-native writer who loves covering creative topics? Do you want to help freelancers realize their goals through great storytelling (but also practical tips)? The 99designs blog (https://99designs.com/blog/) is looking for new contributors with backgrounds in design and freelancing. You will help guide our designers through articles that are educational, inspiring, shareable and SEO friendly.
Pay is $150—$300 per article
- Be a creative thinker who can balance big-picture ideas with the little details (like following a style guide)
- Ability to put yourself in a reader’s mindset and thoroughly explain design concepts in concise, everyday language.
- A resourceful and ethical researcher. You know where and how to look for high-quality information, and properly credit your sources
- A positive, engaging, unique voice
- A background in design, illustration, advertising, art or other relevant creative pursuits. You do not have to have a graphic design degree (though that would be a bonus!), but you should have a grasp and understanding of basic design principles, experience as a freelancer, and be able to speak to both.
- Ability to incorporate feedback into your writing
- A good eye for sourcing images that elevate and compliment your work
- You noticed (and were probably slightly annoyed) by the non parallel structure in these bullet points. And you have an idea of how to fix it.
Interested? Send us your CV, two relevant writing samples and include why you think you’d make a great contributor for our blog in your email. Applicants who include a design or art portfolio will be prioritized. Optional: link to your social media profiles